At Bala Evangelical Church, we are a group of individuals from various backgrounds who want to share the good news of Jesus Christ with our community. We would be delighted if you visited us. For more information about the church, please visit the relevant pages of the website.
Please note that we are now not meeting according to the most recent guidelines, but you can watch our Sunday service here:
If you would like to view previous services, please head over to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnXH_oEMr0g59CwZBbqER2Q
Regarding the Church’s activities in view of the Corona Virus:
The Church Elders/Deacons and H&S Officers wish to thank you for your patience concerning plans for the activities of the Church. They wish to put to you the following points:
- Until further notice, the Church’s usual meetings are cancelled. These include the Sunday Church Services, the weekly Prayer Meetings and Home Groups, and the Ladies’ Bible Studies.
- The Church cannot legislate, of course, against Members and Friends of the Church from meeting together for purposes of prayer, fellowship and offering support and hospitality. [But] even where Members and Friends may happen to get together, those aged 70 years or over, or those with underlying health issues, are discouraged from doing so.
- Various means will be sought by the Elders to offer support and to remain in contact with you, such as phone calls, emails, the printed page, and – when thought appropriate – visits. Gareth will aim to send out regular emails seeking to offer spiritual encouragement and inform you of particular prayer needs as they arise. Might we pray, too, for Wales and the UK as a whole, and, indeed, the world, that this situation may yet, in the Lord’s providence, be for the spread of the Gospel.
- Although we are unable to meet as we usually do, can we urge you to keep on praying for one another and mutually to keep in touch, by phone, email or other means, and particularly with those who are on their own during this period? We hope it will be a positive time for the Church.
- We encourage you to set aside some time particularly on the Lord’s Day (at, say, 10.30 am, if possible), to pray, and to read over or watch a message, which will be on the website, or sent to you beforehand by email or post, and consider some questions which will be asked about it. Thereby, we can share at least some ‘virtual fellowship’ together.
As you are aware, this is a rapidly changing situation, and government advice will be taken into account when we make decisions regarding future meetings and events.
In the meantime, please take care,
With love in the Lord
Gwydion & Gareth
Jesus said ‘Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest’.
What an invitation! Jesus Christ says ‘Come to me!’ However we feel… weary, on top of the world, overwhelmed, lonely, positive or just plodding on, the invitation is for us all. We all need Christ.
God created us to enjoy a relationship with Him. But we have not valued this relationship, and we’ve tried to do life our own way. Because of our sin we are separated from God- however hard we try to please Him.
But God sent Jesus Christ to live a perfect life and to die on a cross for our sins. Because Jesus gave his life for us, we can be welcomed into God’s family for eternity.